Vision / Mission / Philosophy
Celebrating all life
Challenging all people
Dreaming the new day
MacKillop is a Catholic college in the Josephite tradition. Inspired by the spirit of St Mary of the Cross MacKillop, we strive to:
- encourage individuals to reach their full potential as life-long learners by providing an innovative, challenging and collaborative learning and teaching environment in a rapidly evolving society;
- foster leadership by empowering and developing all members of the school community;
- enhance positive relationships in a supportive community by promoting justice and a sustainable future;
- support wellbeing by affirming the intrinsic dignity of each individual, embracing diversity and empowering active citizenship;
- witness to the presence of God amongst us by celebrating our Catholic heritage as a faith community.
In this, we seek to be disciples of Jesus, our model for authentic humanity.
Statement of Philosophy
- We are committed to offering our students the best education possible, and allowing each student to realise their full potential.
- We are committed to offering the best academic environment possible. To do this, we support each student’s learning and ensure that each student can learn in an environment free from bullying, harassment, and undue distraction.
- We are committed to caring for each student’s emotional and pastoral needs. To do this, we have a pastoral care framework and provide support such as counselling services and education on resilience and mental health.
- We are committed to allowing each student to achieve in areas of their own interest. To do this, we accommodate each student’s interests, allowing them to balance curricular and extracurricular activities, and encourage them to pursue their interests.
- We are committed to fostering leadership in all of our students. To achieve this, we have programs and activities which encourage each student to lead among their peers.
- We are committed to allowing each student to live a healthy and active lifestyle. To do this, we provide education on a healthy lifestyle, and encourage sporting and other recreational activities.
Our philosophy is enacted through our teaching and care for students. Our philosophy guides our teaching, strategic plans and governance decisions.