COVID-19 – 20 July
I pray you and your families are safe and well. The continual challenge of COVID-19 and Lockdown has implications for us, for you and for our community. As a community we are resilient, however, and we are familiar with remote and online learning and how to continue to operate successfully.
As you would have heard, the Victorian Government has announced an extended lockdown until midnight on Tuesday 27 July. Remote and Online Learning will continue for our students until then.
All students should have access to their laptops and learning materials. If your child needs to access anything from their lockers, e.g. textbooks, laptops etc. then we ask that you please contact the College Administration Office to arrange an appointment time for when you can come into the College. This will ensure relevant staff are available to supervise the process.
When arriving at the College, please proceed to the Administration Office rather than going straight to the relevant building and check in using the contact tracing check-in (QR Code).
Please find our documentation explaining how Remote and Online Learning works at MacKillop College in SEQTA Engage. I anticipate you are aware of our processes and procedures.
Those families whose children require onsite supervision for remote and online learning are asked to email firstname.lastname@example.org to inform us. Onsite supervision is available for students according to the following criteria:
- Students whose parents/guardians are authorised workers who cannot work from home and where no other supervision arrangement can be made
- Vulnerable students, including:
- Students in out-of-home care
- Students deemed vulnerable by a government agency, funded family or family violence service, and assessed as requiring education and care outside the family home.
At this stage, all VCE SACs will again be postponed until students return to the College.
The following College events have also been postponed. Further advice regarding rescheduling will be released at a later date:
- Subject Selection Assemblies (Years 8-11)
- English Oral Presentations (Year 12)
- Lady Northcote (Year 9 SMC)
- SACCSS Senior Boys and Senior Girls Soccer
- SACCSS Senior Boys and Senior Girls Basketball
- Premier League Round 3 (Year 9)
- College Musical
Information regarding events scheduled in the future will be shared when available.
With this change underway, we thank you for your understanding and support as we work together to slow the spread of COVID-19 within our community. Stay safe. God bless.