Virtual Tour


Do you have to be Catholic to come to MacKillop?
No. However, you must be residentially zoned.

Do you take non-Catholics?
Yes, of course we do.

Do I have to live in the zone to come to MacKillop?
Yes and this a non-negotiable with MacKillop.

What is the zone?
Please refer to the map on our website to see whether or not your home falls within the zone.

Why are there zones?
The Archdiocese of Melbourne is responsible for the zoning of schools and colleges across Melbourne. This is an attempt to ensure fair access to Catholic Education based on where you live.

How strict are you with the zones?
Very strict. You must be residentially zoned to receive an enrolment application form for your son/daughter. Please refer to our Enrolment Policy for more information.

Do you take students from State Schools?
Yes. As long as they are residentially zoned and follow our enrolment procedures. For more information, please see the enrolment guidelines on our website.

What are the bus routes for the College?
We have several private and public buses that come to the College and, as routes are updated, we update the information on our website. Please refer to our website, for the latest information.

How much to the buses cost?
For public buses, Metro Myki cards are required.
For MacKillop buses, fees can be found on our website and are updated annually. The 2021 fees can be found here.
For further questions regarding the bus fees, please contact the College via

When do I have to enrol by?
The 2023 applications need to be submitted by Friday 20 August 2021. Offers will then be posted for prospective Year 7 2023 students on Friday 22 October 2021. Acceptance of an offer will need to be submitted by Friday 12 November 2021.

How much are the fees?
The College fees can be found on our website and are updated annually.

How do you cater for students with learning difficulties?
The College has many processes and systems in place to assist students with learning difficulties.The staff at the College will work closely with parents/guardians and feeder primary schools to establish the best ways to support individual students. Once at the College, the Learning Diversity Team will work with the teaching staff of the College to ensure that the needs of each student is met as best possible. If you have concerns about your son/daughter and their specific circumstances it is best to contact the College and ask to speak with a member of the Learning Diversity Team.

How do you cater for gifted students?
We’re not a select entry school. However, we do have a comprehensive Gifted and Talented Program, otherwise known as the Julian Tenison Woods Program (JTWP). This program is aimed at meeting the various intellectual and pastoral needs of those students with greater potential in one or more learning areas. Individual student needs are met through curriculum telescoping and possible acceleration within subject areas, co-curricular extension and enrichment activities. These students are also encouraged to participate in appropriate external programs.

Do have a music program?
Yes, quite a comprehensive one at that. Music is a compulsory subject for one semester in Year 7, and then students also have access to an extra-curricular music program. Additionally, students are able to try out for various bands, ensembles and the annual College musical.

Does everyone have to do Religious Education at MacKillop?
Of course, and students meet the required standards each year.

We are (insert your favourite religion), what will my son/daughter do while everyone else does Religious Education?
Every student must participate in all RE classes and they must meet the required standards each year.